Friday, October 5, 2007

More Tales From Toronto...

Very handy staying at a hotel right next to a library - means its very easy to blog!!

I'm having such an amazing time here in Toronto - I've been busily roaming around enjoying the war weather, cool buildings, and fantastic fashion. Who would have thought it would be possible to get sunburned in Canada in October, but I've managed to do it! A very pleasant 30C today so I spent my time exploring the lakefront area. It's Thanksgiving weekend this coming weekend, and normally this would mean roast turkey by a fire - I think this year it's gonna be turkey salad on the beach!

Yesterday I took the train out to Yorkdale Mall and fell in love instantly. I think I may like it even more than Chaddy! You should've seen me trying to squeeze back onto the subway with all my bags. Also managed to find time to shop the very trendy Bloor Street (Toronto's version of Chapel Street).

Still gorging myself on Maple Coffee (the maple syrup is used instead of sugar as a sweetener). Anyway, must go and find some dinner and then work out how to pack everything into my suitcase.

Hope you are all well. More photo's below










The very funky Royal Ontario Museum













Ontario Provincial Legislature, Queens Park












Yorkdale Mall



Cherry Street Pier in the eastend

2 comments:

Bayside Library Online Learning said...

A shopping cetnre better than Chaddy!!!! I must go there immediately.
Karyn

Trev said...

Hey Karyn, Thaks for leaving a comment.

I should was my mouth out with right now, eh? A shopping centre better than Chadstone - I didn't think it was possible but Yorkdale was just amazing - all the big department stores like The Bay and Holt Renfrew, but all these cool little boutique stores and all in this brighly lit building wiht heaps of neat glasswork.

T