Sunday, October 21, 2007

Enjoying Edmonton

Well, I've bid a fond farewell to Calgary and have zoomed north to the provincial capital, Edmonton. And, even though I'm really looking forward to catching up with everyone back in Melbourne, and getting back into the thick of things at work, it still breaks my heart leaving Calgary.


The hotel that I'm staying at there in Edmonton is stunning, with the most amazing views over the North Saskatchewan River Valley. The weather is lovely and sunny, but much cooler than Calgary. Today's daytime high was minus five. Photo on the left is of the city skyline from Cloverdale (I was taking a well earned rest after hiking all through the valley)


After heeding Jennie's advice before I left about not missing any opportunities, I went for dinner last night at one of Edmonton's most elegant and exclusive restaurants, La Ronde. Even though I was on my own, I got all dressed up in a swanky new suit and metallic grey shirt and off I went. I may have been dining alone, but I refused to look like a loner - I was determined to be the best looking person there!! Had a great time, wonderful food and an amazing view over the city. This is the view from the restaurant

Photo on the left is Edmonton's very distinctive City Hall








I spent four hours at West Edmonton Mall yesterday, which was enough time to see about a third of it!! I may have been able to see more but I got completely confused and went around the same bit a couple of times! Not sure if it's still the largest mall in the world, but it was certainly big!! There are over fifty enternaces, so I was very careful to memorise exactly which one I came in - maybe some string like the minotaur would have been a good idea!

1 comment:

Gemma said...

Love it - so Totally Trevor!!