Thursday, March 8, 2007

My Third Post

Last night I attended a statewide Reference and Information Services Meeting which was fantastic as it offered a forum to discuss all the wonderful staff training initiatives that are being undertaken, such as the one I'm currently doing with Bayside, http://www.bayside.vic.gov.au/library_web_technologies.htm It was great to hear what other services are doing, and also to hear from Yarra Plenty Library Service which have now completed their Learning 2.0 course and are now making use of their staff's new skill sets with internal IM, wikis, blogs, etc.. The possibilities are endless and I'm already starting to think what we could be doing here!

I'm still completely enamoured with Flickr and have uploaded a whole lot more of my vacation snaps. It's great plotting them onto the Google Maps mash-up and then being able to see what photos others have taken in the same area! With the long weekend starting tomorrow I'm sure I'll really spend some time tinkering with my photos. I'm certainly in no rush to move onto the next activity!!

No comments: