Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My Tenth Post


I spent some time last night playing around with LibraryThing (Exercise 11 in Learning 2.0) I I really like the features available like recommendations, tagging on Del.icio.us and Flickr... but I'm still a bit confused about "ISBN" vs. "Magicnumber"??? That is a bit embarrassing for an information professional to admit!!


I used to use a program called BookDB Http://www.spacejock.com/BookDB.html which I think is a great little application, but Library Thing certainly allows a lot more interaction.


Currently I'm reading a fantastic book by Dean Koontz called Prodigal Son, the first in a trilogy, which is basically the Frankenstein story updated for the 21st century, bringing the two hundred-year-old "monster," to modern day New Orleans. Fast paced, and gripping read!!

No comments: