Monday, February 18, 2008

The Birthday Bash

I was whisked away to very plush Crowne Plaza Hotel. Staying in very noise suite on the executive floor. I could have easily spent my morning parading up and down the grand staircase, but no time for that now! So after a couple of quick laps I rushed off to the nearby NLS4 planning meeting.





Spent the next hour and a bit at a planning meeting for next New Librarians Symposium (NLS4) with Librarian Idol, Ballarat Library Chick, Tania, et.al. (Just to clarify for Daysofourlibraries, I'm using Latin and not misspelling 'petal'). I thought I had kept my birthday secret, but throught the wonders of Facebook, the secret was out. Celebratory green lolipops were consumed ... not necesarily a good idea when you're teleconferencing ... all those slurpy noises!!!


Back across the river and up to The Rialto Observation deck for pre lunch drinks. Regualr readers will realise my penchant for observation decks...



Zooming back down 54 floors to the ground, it was off to lunch in the tres chic Cervos on Southbank.



Off on a river cruise accross to Williamstown to have late afternoon drinks with the 'rents. I would be regretting the decision to stay on the upper deck for the two hour round trip on a 30+ summer afternoon. Man, my face, neck, arms, amd chest are so sore!!! Tying up my tie for work on Monday had my wincing in agony! the trip back was interesting too - our party was sharing the boat with a hens night whio had obviosuly made a head start on the festivites. Those straws for the mixed drinks were just a little too much (I won't share the details in this G rated blog, except to say the bride-to-be was getting some practice for the honeymoon)

Back on dry land and it was back up to the hotel suite to get changed for the actual birthday party.

1 comment:

LibraryDoggies said...

What - nothing since this date - auspicious as the birthday is, we need more holiday photos, random thoughts. Have a great New Year and 2009