Monday, April 9, 2007

My Fourteenth Post

Wow what an incredibly busy Easter Long Weekend. On Thursday I attended a beautiful wedding ceremony - on the right is a photo of us all pressed and preened to within an inch of our lives!
I've finished off exercises #14 & 15 which was reading about the implications of Web2.0 and the future direction of the library service. I think it's a very exciting time to be working in the information industry when you hear all the innovative new service that libraries are offering to develop a more collaborative relationship between staff and patrons ... everything from RFID technology, making use of open source software and even the removal of the traditional reference desk, a somewhat imposing barrier to customer service, replaced with staff armed with PDA's.
Oh and I also found some time to add more photos from my trip to Toronto on Flickr. Have a look at http://www.flickr.com/photos/7235365@N07/sets/72157594575119420/

1 comment:

Oops.. I deleted my blog!! said...

Weres the close up Mr. PRADA I wanted a close up of the suit!!!
Also I just realized how this is really the world wide web, Ive got a comment from some guy in UK and he says hes a technology evangelist....................